Hi, I’m Chris, The Wrong Writer.
Here for some enjoyable reads? You’re in the Wrong place.
My writing is most enjoyable…but fair warning, it’s not normal. Why? Well, I’m not normal. I have in my 42 years (to date)…
- Seriously considered founding a religion centered on Krampus
- Conceived an entire universe while in the throes of heatstroke. They never let me back into that sauna.
- Somehow built a career in Silicon Valley while dual-wielding an English degree and computer smarts.
What should you expect from my books then?
- Dollops of sarcasm
- Random hey-wait-a-minute epiphanies
- Curious plots with curiouser characters
- The unnerving terror from approaching ‘The End’
- Sadistic grins from reading richly-deserved comeuppances
- And several hours of genuine, guilt-free, zero-calorie reading enjoyment.
What kind of books I like to write:
Books that are easy to read. Books that take a fresh angle as early as possible. Books that pepper in some humor, even in the midst of horror. Books with characters people love/hate/love to hate. Stories as original as possible. Stories that demonstrate creativity (and exercise my own).
[I’m a very cerebral person. I write technical documentation for fun. Since fiction is one of the most demanding creative exercises out there…perfect!]
Author Newsletter – “The Wrong Message”
An author’s newsletter which produces genuine thought. And involuntary snorts.
Blog of Hilarious Wrongness
(+2 to Wisdom if You Read All the Way Without Laughing)
Articles on writing (wrongly), juicy background details for my stories, philosophical ponderences, aww-inducing anecdotes, and book snippets for unashamedly hooking more readers.
- Weird Origins for Common TermsYears ago I learned the surprising history behind a certain English word. (It’s in the list below…can you guess?) The curious story of its evolution stuck with me. Almost without looking I came across more such words, each with strange origins. Since you too enjoy a bit of the curious,…
- Irish Sayings for Health, Prosperity, and Fortune (and the 2023 List of Wrong Tasks)It’s the beginning of a new year. We’re all trying out new things, looking to improve life a little more. Yes, even me. I know it seems odd for such a perfect specimen to ‘improve’…but one can try. To such an end, let’s finish January with some pithy sayings for…
- The Silent LegionIt could finally enter. It had invaded the boy’s dreams for weeks now. On and off, small touches, whispers and promises slipped into his growing mind. The entity could make the pain in his legs stop. It could bring Daddy back home. It could give them all the money they’d…
Contact The Wrong Writer
Question on my stories? Having the slightest hiccup on ordering a book? Please contact me so I can help out.